Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Dangers Of Link Buying

Just a few days ago I wrote an article about link buying. Or I should say LINK RENTING. It appears that a lot of companies are letting you rent their links in any category. Needless to say that this is a very dangerous thing to do.

1. Because Google hates it

2. When you run out of money, you lose your PR status

PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE COST
I was going to do this for myself and kicked the idea around. When I looked into it I was a bit surprised at what I'd found. Renting links for your web sites is not cheap. In fact you can burn a hole in your budget if you're not careful.


If you go ahead and do this anyway be prepared for the high fees. On one hand you are getting PR 10 and PR 8 links. But these are just as costly as PPC in the long run. You must wonder what the benefit is.

You can have great visibility.
People will see you in niche markets.
You will appear credible.

But is it worth trashing your site over?

Posted by Cantu on Oct. 25, 2007 at 9:29 AM

No comments: